Laval University Campus
The campus of Laval University, where our program is held, is located in a beautiful green and central area in Québec City. It takes just 5 minutes to walk to three large shopping malls and Old Québec is just a 10-minute bus ride away! There are buses that pass through the campus every 5 minutes. During the regular academic year, Laval University welcomes over 45,000 students. There are about 30 pavilions and more than the half of the university surface is covered with trees, flower gardens, green spaces and sports fields. The campus is a very safe, comfortable and quiet place! During the summer, most of the regular students of the University are on holidays, so our students will be able to enjoy the campus mostly on their own.
Facilities and services
The students in the program En français à Québec have access to several facilities and services on the Laval University campus such as:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Clean bedding every week
- Laundry room
- Outdoor sporting facilities (volleyball, tennis and basketball courts)
- Common room: televisions, ping-pong and pool tables, board games
- Convenience store, cafeterias, bookstore, hairdresser
- Gym (membership required)
- Indoor swimming pool (fee required)
Our students will be staying in the dormitories of Laval University. Each student has a private room with a single bed, a closet, a desk, a phone and a sink. The bathrooms are however shared with other students on the same floor. Girls and boys stay in separate sections and buildings. Our staff members also stay in the residences of Laval University during the program. Their rooms are strategically located on the same sections booked by the Collège to allow students to have a support system and supervision at all times.
Each residence has facilities for common use such as a laundry room, a kitchen, study and game rooms.
3 daily meals are included and they are served in the university’s cafeteria Saveur Campus (CADEUL). Students will be able to consult the daily menu, the ingredients and the nutritional value online.
The menus are carefully prepared for students that declare any allergy or diet requirement upon online registration. However, considering the volume of the meals served every day, the cafeteria cannot accommodate any personal or religious food choices such as vegan, halal or kosher food.
The CADEUL cafeteria is also open from 7 am to 7 pm everyday if students feel like having some snacks in between the activities. There are also other food services on campus and its surroundings such as a convenience store, coffee shops, restaurants and supermarkets.
In order to ensure the security of all students, different measures are put into place:
- Our ratio is 1 monitor per 15 students.
- The University security patrol is on duty 24/7 (foot, bicycle and car patrol).
- Restricted access to residences buildings for guests only.
- All students must be in groups of at least 4 to leave the campus.
- We have a very efficient check-in and check-out system.
- Our headquarters will be placed at the main floor of the residence Lemieux.
- Our team as well as a coordinator is present on the campus 24/7.